How to Register?
Once the list of available papers (talks) is available, send us an email stating your name, your matriculation number, and a list of (at least) 3 preferred papers.
The deadline for registration is Sep 16, 2012
Please send the email to Rainer Gemulla and Sebastian Michel
, with [dbseminar2012] in the subject.
After the deadline, we will let you know within a couple of days whether or not you have got a place in the seminar and, if so, which topic has been assigned to you.
Attending the kickoff meeting is mandatory.
In this seminar, you will
- Read, understand, and explore scientific literature
- Summarize a current research topic in a concise report (5 pages)
- Give a full presentation about your topic (45 minutes)
- Give a flash presentation about your topic (5 minutes)
- Moderate a scientific discussion about a topic of one of your fellow students
Recent topics on non-tradional data management issues with emphasis on what is commonly known as the NoSQL direction.